Monday 17 January 2011

Steamed fish...

After a weekend of raclettes (I told you we eat a lot of them) we had some Mediterranean veg leftovers so instead of the lovely meaty pasta and sauce Rod and Lili chowed down on, I opted for a vegetable packed tomatoey sauce and finally got to try out one of my Christmas presents, a steamer.
I steamed a lovely salmon steak spritzed lightly with lemon juice and seasoned, simple and perfect. I steamed it for about 8 minutes until it was cooked through but still moist. Perfect.

Oh and this weekend after... and this has only just occurred to me... nearly ordering a hot dog from the movies... My god... Mine you, how much actual meat is in one of those things?  I had lunch with my dear friend and as Subway is the closest thing to the movies and the least "junkie" we opted for that for lunch with our girls. So scouring the menu I discovered the only two things I could have in my sandwich was the tuna mayo or something called a veggie patty... Dubiously I plumped for the latter... After it arrived I tentatively nibbled on the corner of the sandwich watched eagerly by Laura who was as intrigued as I as to what exactly a veggie patty was and wow... it was truly, without a word of a lie, it was truly passable... Definitely not horrible but  really, really OK.

2 comments:

  1. I made vegetarian enchiladas tonight, because we'd run out of meat :P Added load of roughly chopped mushrooms and a can of kidney beans and it totally rocked out. Didn't miss the meat at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, Subway makes great plain veggie sandwiches, you can get them to make you a regular sandwich anyway you'd want, just omit the deli meat.

    ReplyDelete