Friday 14 January 2011

The worm turns... I am not loving it...


Wednesday - Chinese takeaway
After a long day of work, tax returns, school, after school clubs and before the arrival of a friend we just couldn't be arsed to cook so plumped for a Chinese take away... I was dreading this day, every Chinese take away I love involves meat of some kind or another... Crispy chili beef, roast duck, spring rolls (The meat ones) and various dumplings and won tons... Indian food is easy to eat without meat... It's natural but Chinese, no, that does need meat.... Or so i thought.
I ordered a hearty mushroom curry, egg fried rice and a lovely crispy vegetable spring roll that went down beautifully, even if I did have to watch my husband munch his way through duck in plumb sauce and kung-po chicken. The mushrooms were sweet and moist and complemented the spicy chinese curry sauce well and the vegetable spring roll was  packed with beansprouts and al dente Chinese cabbage, bamboo shoots and various Julienne vegetables encased in a golden crispy pastry. Dip this baby in some plumb sauce and vava vooooooooooooooom. Sweet!


Thursday - Monk fish taggine
Fantastic... One of my favourite things to cook and to eat is taggine, usually lamb, sometimes chicken but always packed with chickpeas, tomatoes, wine, onions, balsamic vinegar, all spice and various other spices literally thrown into a taggine pot and shoved into a medium hot oven for a couple of hours. Served with spiced cous cous, pittas and humous. YES... And it bloody well works with monk fish too... Although not for 2 hours...


Tonight - Something truly, truly horrible
 Tonight Rod thought he would treat me with a Thai green curry, add chicken or monk fish, even prawn to this and you have one of my favourite meals of all time, but not ever, ever, EVER with chicken piece style Quorn ... Not ever, ever EVER, EVER AGAIN will I sully the good name of Thai green curry with this evil, evil, what can only be described as, a substance... Which, ironically had no substance. The tasteless morsels of blah flaked between my teeth in the most unappetising way. I cannot express how majorly I loathed it... Oh god it was truly awful... I have never eaten anything as vile as this stuff... And I've eaten ants! (Green ants... Australia... you have too...)
Jesus... shudder... This tastless, evil food will never pass my lips again... Never...

No comments:

Post a Comment